Friday 11 November 2011

And too another end

Steven arrived safely from ROK after a gruelling 37 hour journey. His stay was too short but enjoyed by all and I can report that he is now safely in place at his last post in the North Carolina's. Truth be known, neither of us really know one another any more ~ I do hope we will be able to tolerate each others company for more than five days at a time after next Spring! I am so looking forward to enjoying this place together, our new home, together.



The pond project started and the 'plumbing' is in situ for draining the area ready for next Spring, when (hopefully) the pond will actually be dug. The area was much wetter than expected (by the excavator) so here are the trenches and you will have to wait for the 'after' pictures.


Our first snow arrived this year on October the 27th and was quite magnificent, apologies that my photographic skills do not do it justice, you will have to trust me, that it was quite majestic.




I am so very sad to report that the Pie died on Sunday October 30th. He was an amazing fellow, a great friend and a total character who I will so dearly miss.

The Pie 2nd July 1996 ~ October 30th 2011

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to read about Pie. Can't wait to see what the pond will look like. Cheers Kathy

    ReplyDelete